Operations Specialist - Job Posting
BeauGen is seeking an enthusiastic Operations Specialist. This is a part-time consulting/freelancing role, up to 10 hours per week, and can be done from anywhere in the U.S. Hours are flexible, with the expectation that the majority of the hours worked will occur between business hours (Monday through Friday, 9am-5pm Eastern). This role is available immediately with a target start date of Tuesday, January 19, 2021.
BeauGen is a fast-growing small-business built by moms for moms. We are quickly gaining traction as we help to fill a void deeply desired by all moms: a community that offers comfort, support and a safe place to learn about, troubleshoot, and optimize the pumping experience.
Why is the Operations Specialist critical to our work? BeauGen’s top priority is customer experience, aka making mommying feel good. A lot goes on in the background to make this magic happen. All of our systems, processes, and supply chain mechanics need to be operating efficiently to ensure that we add value to our customers’ BeauGen experience. The Ops Specialist will work closely with BeauGen’s Partner and management team to execute the operational side of our initiatives and on-going processes.
The Operations Specialist:
- Works closely with BeauGen’s Partner and management team to execute the logistical and operational side of our new initiatives and on-going processes. Some work streams include:
- Knowing, or learning, how to navigate within Shopify (for example, to make simple website updates, product listings and collections optimizations, managing inventory counts, etc.)
- Project planning and task management in Asana
- Liaising with contractors, such as affiliates and content editors
- Researching and implementing new or improved processes, systems, and platforms
- Knowing, or learning, our supply chain process to support daily operations
- Must have access to reliable Internet, email, Google Drive, Facebook, Instagram, Slack and Asana via computer
The ideal candidate will be:
- Energized when faced with new ideas and unexpected challenges
- Comfortable in a start-up environment, being agile and adaptable in a fast-paced role
- Experienced using computers and fluent in maneuvering around computer systems
- A confident, logical and thoughtful project planner
- Detail-oriented and a strong written communicator
- Discreet with confidential information
- A self-starter and problem solver with a can-do attitude (“If I don’t know how, I’ll figure out how, or I’ll find a resource or expert to move us in the right direction”)
- A team player, willing to roll up their sleeves and help out wherever needed
- A collaborator open to working with the team on new ideas
- Passionate about supporting breastfeeding and pumping moms
Are you the Unicorn that BeauGen is looking for? Apply now!
Please email Anh-Thi at firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- Your resume
- Responses to the below 4 short responses (maximum 50 words each):
- What in your past experiences make you a good fit for this role?
- What is your mind-set on project planning and task management?
- How do you get a team onboard with new systems and processes?
- Why do you want to work for BeauGen, and why specifically this role?
Applications are due by Friday, January 8, 2021.
If you have any questions, please reach out to Anh-Thi at email@example.com.
We look forward to meeting you and welcoming you on to Team BeauGen!