Update: This Position Is No Longer Available
BeauGen is seeking an enthusiastic Public Relations Coordinator. This is a part-time consulting/freelancing role, 10-12 hours per week, and can be done from anywhere in the U.S. Hours are flexible and can be completed at any time, with the majority during business hours (9am-5pm Eastern). This role is available immediately.
Why is the Public Relations Coordinator critical to our work? BeauGen’s vision is to make mommying feel good. To have the greatest impact on all moms everywhere, we need to share our message about our innovative breast pump cushions, thoughtfully curated and created content, and supportive community of moms. The Public Relations Coordinator will work closely with BeauGen’s Director and marketing team to research, outreach, build and maintain relationships with news media outlets and influencers.
The Public Relations Coordinator:
- Works closely with BeauGen’s Director and marketing team to grow our brand awareness across news media outlets and influencers. Some work streams include:
- News media outlets:
- Build contact list for features that target and highlight new moms, baby products, round ups, and related holidays and national days.
- Create, update & maintain media kit and email communications for product and company.
- Pitch opportunities based on events calendar.
- Write press releases and articles, and participate in interviews and/or schedule interviews for relevant team members.
- Influencer Outreach:
- Research and build contact list of relevant influencers
- Create and implement outreach strategy
- Cultivate affiliates for BeauGen's Affilate Program
- Must have access to reliable Internet, email, Google Drive, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Slack and Asana via computer.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Comfortable in a start-up environment, being agile and adaptable in a fast-paced role
- Experienced in public relations with connections in the industry
- Experienced in social media outreach with proven strategies
- Skilled written communicator and speaker / interviewee
- A natural relationship builder
- Organized, detail-oriented and discreet with confidential information
- A self-starter and problem solver with a can-do attitude (“If I don’t know how, I’ll figure out how, or I’ll find a resource or expert to move us in the right direction”)
- A team player, willing to roll up their sleeves and help out wherever needed
- A collaborator open to working with the team on new ideas
- Passionate about supporting moms throughout their journey from pre-conception, pregnancy, labor & delivery, and postpartum.
Please email Anh-Thi at firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- Your resume
- Responses to the below short responses (maximum 50 words each):
- Why do you want to work for BeauGen, and why specifically this role?
- What do you think is important for a mommy care start-up like BeauGen to highlight when pitching to a news media outlet? How is that same or different from what is important to highlight when pitching a social media influencer?
- Please provide a sample pitch you have done in the recent past. Include information about the news media outlet, when you pitched, and why you pitched.
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis.
If you have any questions, please reach out to Anh-Thi at email@example.com.
We look forward to meeting you and welcoming you on to Team BeauGen!